Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Handwritten Goodness



I never tire of writing about handwritten treasures. So much so that when I was asked to adapt Gifted Memories for the blog, HandwrittenI was thrilled. 

This year, I made a pact with myself to compose at least one handwritten note, card or letter per month. The year is half over and I have penned eight so far. Two of the eight were long enough, however, to warrant being typed.

I realized that I lose desire to craft a note when I resort to using  the same box of cards even with the variety of colors and patterns to choose from. I go straight into procrastination mode. So I thought it would be a good idea to have a selection of cards readily available to ensure that my handwritten, thank you's, congrats and everything in between will continue on.

Recently, I made a card with just a stamp and a color pencil.. I wanted it to coordinate with the gift bag and tissue paper. 



It's quick and easy to create something pleasing to the eye with a stamp. I made a few so that I would have them readily available.



Sometimes, when I handwrite a letter, I don't quite like how my lines run off course or the spacing is a little wonky. This occasional mishap is not a complete loss though as I cut and reuse the front of the card and a postcard stamp.  The next time I need to send a short message, I have a postcard ready and waiting,. 


Speaking of postcards, I found these vintage postcards at an estate sale. Postcards bring on instant nostalgia for me. I'm not sure if I will use these in the traditional way or incorporate them in one of my handmade journal creations.


Every so often I  display and re-read some of the handwritten letters and notes I have received. They're special!



Having a bad day? They're an instant  pick me up! No kidding. Every time my eyes fall on them, they illicit a smile. 



I encourage everyone to dwell in a handwritten experiences. You never know, you might just find a handwritten treasure waiting in your mailbox as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment