Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Pomegranate Lesson

I love pomegranates. They are so yummy and healthy; always a great combo. When I buy them, even though I cant wait to open it up and partake , I procrastinate.


You know how many times, I waited too long to cut it open ?


I kept saying tomorrow, tomorrow. An tomorrow never came.



And when it did, it was too late. some seeds had lost their ruby red color and some had turned brown. Why did I wait so long!




I get so bummed.  But it was totally my fault. I put it off 


instead of enjoying it right away. This is a valuable reminder to stop putting off things that I enjoy.

Did you know there is something called a Pomegranate Deseeder Tool that will speed up the process of removing all those tasty seeds and eliminate the juice splatter messiness too?
I certainly didn't know, but now that I do, I am definitely investing in one. And now that I found out the correct way to cut and de-seed a pomegranate, there will be no more excuses. From this day forward, I will enjoy my pomegranates the day I get them.

Can you relate to putting off things that you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment