Saturday, February 27, 2016

DIY for B2B

The last couple of weeks have been somewhat stressful At the last minute I was given the task of putting together a company table for a B2B event.



I had 10 days to scramble around and design a brochure, find and a company to rush order personalized pens and USB flash drives, order a tablecloth, and table overlay (with logo). 



Doesn't sound or look like much, but there were a lot of details that factored into everything including delivery time, file formats, assembly time etc. The last delivery arrived the night before.




As for the overlay, I couldn't find one that could be ordered and arrive in time, so I went to Joann's Fabric, found suitable fabric and made one myself. I found  a local embroidery/screen printing shop to screen print our logo on it. I lost some days sending the wrong file formats. I finally enlisted my son to use Adobe Illustrator to trace the files I had to create the vector files needed. What an ordeal! The logo placement was a little off (my mistake) but I made it work. I will alter it for future events. I liked how it turned out, because it was different from the kind you normally see. All in all, I was happy with the look. I thought the candy dish was going to be a unique touch, but many had the same idea. 

Now that I know what goes into this kind of event, I will be better prepared for the next time. I learned a lot. Live and learn, right? So glad it was on Friday. Afterward, I went home and literally crashed. I think it will take most of the weekend to recover and restore order to my home, in slow mode of course. No marathon cleaning sessions for me this weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment